Visits for groups of children and schools, every day: find out more about the opening times
GROUPS & SCHOOLS
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE TICKET OFFICE
Our ticket office staff remain at your disposal for
further information in French and English.
You are invited to consult the updated visitor terms and conditions.
CHAPEL & ROYAL LOGGIA
DEPARTURE OF THE VISIT
Histopad©, new visitor tool
GUIDED VISITS FOR SCHOOLS
« through the centuries »
For guided visits with commentary of the Royal Loggia and the St. Hubert Chapel (tomb of Leonardo da Vinci), there is a selection of five visits adapted to each level of the French Education Ministry’s national programme, created with support from the Indre-et-Loire Academic Board.
Includes the teacher’s booklet (document in French downloadable after booking) .
- Visit 1 "The Château of the Valois Kings" (Reception, Year 1, Year 2)
- Visit 2 "The Court of the Valois Kings, cradle of the French Renaissance" (Year 4, Year 5, Year 6)
- Visit 3 "The Antiquities and Religion at the heart of the French Renaissance" (Year 7)
- Visit 4 "The Great developments of the French Renaissance" (Year 8)
- Visit 5 "The slow construction of a modern state and the opening towards the world" (Years 9-13)
Capacity : groups up to 50 people, including accompanying adults, Commentary in french, english, german, italian, spanish and portugese
CHRISTMAS, CHILDHOOD DREAMS, SHARING MAGICAL MEMORIES
From 5th December 2021 to 3rd January 2022. The little Renaissance princes celebrated the nativity festivities at the royal château of Amboise. Now, 500 years later, this joyous tradition lives on. Festive “Christmas, childhood dreams” decor will enrich the permanent collections. It is a chance for different generations to unite around imagination and memories of our childhood Christmases. Super-sized staging, renewed every year, is installed throughout the visitor route.
No supplement payable for access
CHAPEL & ROYAL LOGGIA & GARDENS
Adapted visits for the 4 disabilities
Video-guided visit in French and English available free of charge: discover the inaccessible collections in the chapel and upper floor); as a bonus feature, views of the lower part of the Minimes cavalry tower.
Video-guided visit in French (featuring French sign language or subtitles) and in English subtitles, available free to aid the visitor.
Audio-guided visit with adapted audiodescription, kindly created by the Valentin Haüy association, in French and English, available free to aid the visitor.
Audio-guided adapted visit in French and English, available free to aid the visitor.
USING A VISITOR GUIDE
Individual visitors can discover the château and its gardens at their own pace using a visitor guide. Guide available in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Brazilian, Japanese, Chinese (traditional & simplified) and Korean.
Visitor guide included in château entrance ticket price.
TOWERS AND UNDERGROUND AREAS
"The Corridors of History"
From 7 years old (minors must be accompanied),
Groups will get the exceptional opportunity to enter the underground passageways and towers of the medieval fortress situated under the Renaissance royal loggia. Thus they will enter at the foot of the ramparts in the Garconnet Tower, built in the 15th century on the orders of Louis XI, before reaching the Lys Room, former guards’ refectory. From there, they will take a round trip through the ditches of the former keep and walk along the rooms where stone was stored. Visitors will then enter the underground mazes before reaching the Minimes cavalry tower.
One-hour, guided visit
Conditions particulières pour les groupes :
- Visite proposée toute l’année, sur réservation
- Visite guidée combinée des souterrains et du logis royal
- Visite commentée en français, anglais, allemand, italien, espagnol et portugais, toute l\'année sur réservation, 18 visiteurs par groupe. Pour les autres langues, visite du logis par le guide accompagnateur du groupe puis visite guidée des souterrains par un guide conférencier du château (avec traduction par l\'accompagnateur).
New discovery routes in the gardens
Travelling plants route